If your dream present this Christmas is a new car, here are three of the best car choices for your wishlist. Whether you want petite and sweet or good looks with grunt, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve selected an SUV, sedan and ute to drive you towards future Christmases.
1. Best car under $20,000 – Hyundai Venue SUV
If you’re an elegant no-mess no-fuss minimalist, this compact yet roomy Hyundai SUV will appeal to you. Looking like a cross between a patent leather sneaker and a glass slipper the design is said to have many influences.
It has a snug box-like shape, cascading front grille, cube shaped headlights and two-tone roof for maximum style. Ample boot space, folding seats and roof rails make this a must-have for families who like to enjoy their daily commute.
Key features include the following:
- Forward collision avoidance assistance
- Blind spot collision warning
- Lane keeping assist
- Rear cross-traffic collision warning
- Driver attention warning for erratic steering. This will also recommend when you need a break if you’ve been driving for a length of time.
- High beam assist automatically adjusts high and low headlights for oncoming traffic
- Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
The base price for this compact SUV is $19,990 for a manual and $21,990 for an automatic.
And did we mention the interior comes in a black cloth trim? For the exterior, you can choose from seven colours to get your ultimate look.
2. Best car under $30,000 – 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan
Starting at $28,990 the 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid has had some notable tweaks to its functionality and look. You could say its 2020 predecessor was a smart casual dress suit, made for the office. This version is all that plus a change of clothes for gym and a girl’s night out.
In short, it went from being baby spice to sporty and posh spice all rolled into one.
The exterior is spruced up with aggressive sporty curves, a glossy black grille, chrome accents and bi-LED headlights. The interior is finished in a red leather trimmed upholstery with heated and ventilated front seats.
With the perfect balance of fuel efficiency, power and performance, this sedan also comes with great technological perks.
Here are some of these features:
- Radar cruise control
- Automatic high beams
- Pre-collision system with pedestrian detection
- Lane departure warning
- Blind spot monitor (warns you when a car in the next lane crosses into your blind spot
- Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
All in all, this would make a great work and family car, and even on a bad day, you’d look good. Did we mention you can choose from 12 colours?
3. Best car under $35 000 – GWM P-Series Ute
For anyone with a go big or go home philosophy, the new 2021 GWM Ute is your cup of tea. Make that a double espresso. With its powerful raised body and chrome-plated grille, this vehicle will make you want to conquer. Whether you conquer grocery shopping, or the great outdoors is entirely up to you. This car will back you up.
The interior has detailed cross-stitching in the side panels, and bronze dash seat trim inserts – who needs Christmas wrapping!
This magnificent beast comes with a manual steering system and a dual-cab, 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine. We’re thinking if you like a car this size, you won’t mind the workout. It’s also decked out with four 360-degree-view high-definition cameras to aid driving technology.
Here’s what the GWM Ute’s technology can do for you:
- Lane departure warning
- Lane Keeping Assist, which steers you back into your lane and activates brakes to avoid a collision
- Pedestrian and bicyclist pre-collision detection with automatically activating brakes
- Radar sensor rear crossing traffic alert
- Lane Center Keeping, which keeps you in your lane, even at highway speeds
- Automatic Emergency Braking System, for when a potential collision is detected nearby
- 9.0-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
This car may not fit under the Christmas tree, but at a starting price of $33.990 it’s a steal!
Add car insurance to your wishlist
While considering the best car for your wishlist, get a car insurance quote on each make and model. This will allow you to plan your budget and make your decision with a fuller idea of finances.
A comprehensive car insurance plan will provide you with cover for accidental damage, theft, third-party liability plus extras. Spending that little bit each month will provide you with greater financial security.
Best car choices this Christmas – over to you
When choosing what to park under your Christmas tree and in your garage what do you look for in a car? Let us know if this article was helpful or if there are any additions you would make to the list. We’re revved up to hear from you… feel free to add your own bad Christmas pun.