Family Violence Policy
PD Insurance is committed to engaging vulnerable people, with sensitivity, dignity, respect and compassion. To this end, we aim to provide a safe and supporting environment for our members experiencing family violence:
- Knowledge is key to helping those affected. Providing training to enable early recognition and appropriate response to support a vulnerable person, including those who experience vicarious trauma after supporting affected individuals.
- Safety First. Developing and applying protocols and practices to ensure the protection of personal information – above and beyond existing Privacy and Security controls where necessary.
- Minimise the need to repeat disclosure. Implementing practices to ensure that we can minimise the number of times a person affected by family violence needs to disclose information to us or relevant stakeholders.
- Sensitive Claims and Collections handling. We will ensure that processes for claims and debtor management are appropriate and sensitive to the needs of affected members.
- Assist with access to Financial Hardship provisions. We will ensure that affected individuals have access to Financial Hardship help.
- Make assistance easy to access. We will ensure that information about the assistance we provide is readily and easily available, including referral to relevant resources and specialist services.