Puppy & Kitten
Terms & Conditions
General Promotional Terms:
- These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all promotions, competitions and offers listed below.
- In these Terms, ‘PD’ means PD Insurance Limited, Pacific International Insurance Pty Limited (ABN 83 169 311 193 AFS 523921 | 10 Bradford Close, Kotara, NSW 2289) and all related group companies (also referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’).
- All promotions, competitions and offers are only open to residents of Australia aged at least 18 years. Corporations, Companies, and Groups of any kind are not eligible.
- By entering or taking up any PD Insurance competition, promotion or offer you agree to and accept all these Promotion Terms and Conditions, as well as the specific Terms and Conditions found below for the relevant competition, promotion or offer.
- Where relevant, policy terms, conditions and exclusions, and normal underwriting criteria apply.
- Information on how to enter the promotion, and all instructions appearing on advertisements, printed material or websites will form part of the Promotion Terms and Conditions for entry into these competitions and promotions and offers. To the extent of any inconsistency in the information shown on the advertisements, printed material or websites, these Promotion Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- In accordance with the applicable Privacy laws, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information held by PD Insurance.
- From time-to-time PD Insurance may also use your information to provide you with communications updating you on the full range of services it offers. If you do not want to receive this information, please let us know at any time by calling PD Insurance on 1800 776 473 or email to [email protected]
- Where a prize is to be given, PD Insurance reserves the right to request winners of any prizes to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the prize winner, or is not satisfactory to PD Insurance, then that prize winner shall forfeit their rights to any prize.
- PD Insurance reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel applicable terms and conditions for a competition, promotion or offer at any time. Where a benefit has already been promised, PD Insurance will honour it on the same Terms as were promised in the Terms prior to the change, suspension, or cancellation.
- If for any reason any competition, promotion or offer is not capable of running as planned, PD Insurance may suspend, cancel, or modify this Promotion.
- PD Insurance will not be liable for any loss, claim, cost, expense, liability, or injury suffered by any person in any way associated with any promotions, competitions or offers, or for any prizes, except where such loss cannot be excluded by law.
- All competitions, promotions or offers are subject to their individual specific terms as listed below.
- This Promotion is bound by the laws of Australia and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
Puppy & Kitten Terms & Conditions:
Available: for Puppies and Kittens aged between 6 weeks and 30 weeks of age (inclusive) for up to 8 weeks.
Cover: provides a fixed amount of veterinary fees to cover emergency veterinary treatment for illness or injury required in this period.
Cover start date: is the date that is shown on your Certificate of Insurance from us and expires on the day that is eight (8) weeks after the Commencement Date as shown on your Certificate of Insurance (the Expiry Date).
Waiting period: a five (5) day stand down period applies for treatments relating to illness (including any follow-up / ongoing treatments relating to any condition, signs or symptoms that occurs before or within the five (5) day stand down period. No stand down applies for the treatment that are as a result of an accident.
Expiry: pd.com.au will contact you before your Free Puppy and Kitten Cover expires to provide a quotation for you to consider your pets ongoing insurance needs with us. You are under no obligation to continue with pd.com.au
No claim excess payable under this cover.
You must seek prompt and appropriate care for your pet by a qualified veterinarian and follow all recommendations for illness and to prevent injuries.
If you choose to continue with a month-to-month policy and is this in place with us before the Expiry Date of this cover, any ongoing treatment your Puppy or Kitten requires will be covered up to the selected policy benefits you have chosen for your fur baby. We will waiver any additional waiting periods as we consider the time on risk with your new fur baby with us.
Non-transferable/ not redeemable for cash. All decisions we make on this cover shall be final.
If you make a false or misleading claim, this cover will cease immediately and pd.com.au will not be responsible or liable for any claim or payment whatsoever.
pd.com.au will not be responsible or liable for any claims, losses, costs of any kind relating to or as a result of:
- any signs of illness/symptoms arising before or within 5 days of the cover start date
- no cover for pets less than 6 weeks of age or older than 26 weeks at time
- treatment/medication (of any sort) that is not directly related to a claimable event under this cover
- vaccinations/neutering/microchipping or any side effects relating to these procedures
- cruciate ligament, patella luxation, cremation, burial, post-mortem
We will pay up to a maximum sum of $1,000 AUD (incl GST) for all valid claims accepted by us.
Date: 03 September 2021